Saturday, January 12, 2008

Drip Drop

I think its quite appropriate that I'm now getting around to my "umbrella post" now that its 70 degrees and blue skies for miles here in my little wintry corner of California. I first was inspired about a week ago when it was raining to start to see what options there are to carrying around something that looks like you're hiding from the rain under a giant black rock. Personally, I love the rain and I like to show that affection through my umbrella! When I was younger my dad gave me a yellow umbrella with a duck head on the end. I cherished that thing for YEARS! It was a sad day when I had to put it to rest, however to my delight, several years ago I found the same such umbrella in an adult size. Since then its been my quest to have some cheer when the rain clouds roll in, so I've picked a few so you can show your love for the rain too!

Tray 6 Design Lab offers umbrellas and ONLY umbrellas which is what makes them great at what they do. Here are some awesome designs by Tray 6:

"bloom"





"singing in the rain" design by Bernard Maisner:




"perch"







pare*umbrella also specializes in only awesome umbrellas. They're stock is constantly changing so you'll always have something new to peek at, and they might just get in exactly what you're looking for! But, make sure to get it when you see it because there is a good possibility something new might take its place in a few weeks.

"lace G"







"sassy dots"







Frankford Umbrellas offers this great clear umbrella. Its simple, rad, and lets you show off a style all your own. (and best of all its only $18!):





From CB2 (yay!) comes the $11 "people umbrella" with rad graphics and an awesome color:


If you have a few extra dollars to spend and you want extraordinary style, check out the Pagoda Umbrella from Signature Bella. This umbrella was specially designed by Jodell Egbert to capture the essence of the beautiful vintage umbrellas she had been collecting for years. The Pagoda comes in a variety of color mix and match options:



Last, but not least, is an umbrella many of us have often hoped for, but never thought possible. The people at Pearl River have made it possible!! They have taken traditional Chinese parasols and coated them with a water-repellent so they can be used in the rain! Soo exciting! Check out these beautiful umbrellas:







Happy Showers!


-M

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow i had no idea there were so many beautiful options in umbrellas! and i agree with you; we should carry cheerful items when it is raining!!