Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Cost of Eating Well

Its easy to eat. Our society makes it too easy. Fast food joints on every corner, Starbucks in every grocery store.....its everwhere. But what about good food, natural food? Maybe its not as convenient, but it certainly can be cheaper. (This article goes into full detail).

I've been following a number of paleo blogs and they all have the most amazing organic foods that do really cost quite a bit of money. I'm just not at a point where I can spend that kind of money on food. But! I can eat better food, fresh food and healthy food. Today I went to Walmart to see what I could find there. To my delight I was able to get quite a bit of really great produce under $20. I got some zucchini, some beautiful kale, turnips, oranges, lemons, limes and blackberries. Tonight I made roasted turnips with green beans and chicken. It was absolutely delicous and cost about $2. Not too bad. I'll try to post more of my meals and the cost break down in the coming weeks.



Hope and Happiness,
{Megan}

No comments: